Inaugural Canadian Poultry XPO cancelled; poultry showcase added to Dairy XPO
Postponed once, and now cancelled, the inaugural Canadian Poultry XPO (CPX) will instead shift to a themed hall – “Discover Poultry Production” at the live Canadian Dairy XPO (CDX) planned for April 6 and 7, 2022.
Slated for November 2021, the Poultry XPO was set to feature live robotic demonstrations, host poultry-specific seminars, and include a hospitality area with youth fundraising, while serving the poultry commodity. These components will continue at CDX.
The final decision was ultimately made by government and health officials with significant parameters around large scale events in the fall of 2021, explains the organizers of the show. “Due to the uncertainty of the event industry in 2021, our foremost priority is for the health and safety of poultry farm families, the industry, and team CPX.”
Founder and general manager of the show Jordan Underhill says that surveys suggest 31 per cent of attending dairy producers are interested in learning more about poultry production and 18 per cent of attendees reported already owning poultry quota; this represents a significant number of CDX total attendance, at 49 per cent.
“Keeping CDX fresh year-over-year is what team CDX does,” Underhill says. “Given the pandemic and two canceled live shows, we expect record crowds for CDX 2022. 2022 is the year to drive change and boost the value proposition for exhibitors, sponsors and attending producers.”
This year, the Dairy Classroom will be live and virtually streamed featuring world-class dairy and poultry professionals as well as interactive producer panels, he says.